Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jack of all trades but master of none

Well hello again my fellow friends. As you all know tomorrow is New Year's Eve. And I would like to take this opportunity to wish you guys a Happy, Prosperous, Peaceful, Loving, Wonderful and Fruitful New Year to you all !!! :D

I'm sure you guys are aware that my title above is a proverb? well today i'm going to blog on how that proverb represents me . Well the thing is that i'm quite frustrated with myself for not finishing practically all the things that i've started. it's like the proverb above. i can do alot of things but i'm not 100 % good in any of the things that i can do. Okay here is the list of what i've started in my sixteen years of life :

  • started studying at the age of 3
  • started going to buddhist sunday dhamma school at the age of 6
  • started tae kwon do at the age of 6
  • started learning piano at the age of 6
  • started taking swimming lessons at the age of 7
  • started taking badminton lessons at the age of 14
  • started training basketball at the age of 15
  • i'm also into athletics like javelin throw, lontar peluru and also lempar cakera
  • started beatboxing at the age of 13
  • started learning magic and buying magic equipment at the age of 10
  • started playing football as a keeper at the age of 9
  • started playing chess at the age of 10
  • started working out and going to the gym at the age of 15
  • and there are many other sports that i can play but not under training like table tennis, frisbee, baseball and billiard (pool ) and i can also play the harmonica.
These are mostly all the things that i can do. i don't know whether i've missed out on anything but i think that's about it. so here's the updated list and also my achievements:

  • well as i've said in my previous post that in primary school i was number 1 in the whole school for 3 consecutive alongside several other achivements.UPSR i had Straight A's. whereas in secondary school i didn't have much achievements in studies except getting straight A's in PMR.
  • i've been attending buddhist school from 6 years old and i stopped at the age of 15
  • i'm also a poom ( red black) belt holder in tae kwon do. one more step to black belt. i stopped at the age of 12. in order to take black belt i must be 15 years old.
  • i'm still taking piano lessons now. i stopped taking exams at the age of 11 after my 4th grade. now i'm just playing songs.
  • i only learned swimming for about a year and a half and i stopped when i was about to finish learning freestyle
  • i was under badminton training for almost a year and the only achievement was making it to mssd
  • i'm still training my basketball and i think day by day i'm getting better
  • from primary until now also i've always had a medal in lontar peluru. in secondary when javelin and cakera was introduced i also took back either a silver or bronze medal. aiming for gold next year.
  • i'm still beatboxing and i think this is currently the talent which i'm most proud off at the moment because not everyone can do this uniique thing. i also got third in the AND 1 beatboxing competition this year.
  • well previous years i was in to magic but in form 4 i stopped doing magic tricks
  • i've had my ups and downs as a keeper. every year during interclass competitions i will also be the first choice to become a keeper. and i can say that i'm proud of my class's achievements because every year we will also get a medal in football or futsal. and i also have a futsal team which is pretty good :D
  • chess is just to past time
  • the result of me going to the gym is that now i'm the strongest in SMK USJ 12. i've beaten every strong dude in my school in arm wrestling. haha :D
  • other things are all just my hobbies and to past time. but about frisbee i lead my team to a second place victory this year :D

DON'T GET ME WRONG GUYS... IT'S JUST THAT I'VE BEEN FEELING LIKE KIND OF USELESS LATELY AND LIKE WHAT'S MY PURPOSE IN LIFE. AND TO CHEER MYSELF UP I WROTE THIS POST TO REMIND MYSELF THAT I CAN DO A LOT OF THINGS AND I MUST BE STRONG AND REMAIN OPTIMISTIC ABOUT MY FUTURE AND THAT I MUST COMPLETE ALL MY PROJECTS. THAT'S ALL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment