Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Chicken Pox!!!!!!!

Well to those of you who do not know........ i had chicken pox on the 11th of november until the 25th of november. I also do not know why or how i can get chicken pox at such a late stage. but i guess it's a blessing in disguise because imagine if i were to get it next year during spm or any other big events in my life like graduation, my first day of work, wedding or honeymoon. it will be a total spoiler right? Haha:D but let me say this........ chicken pox SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! i could not go out for like 10 days and it was so suffering staying at home cause i could not be under the fan, i cant bathe that often and i feel so weak because everyday it's either poridge or soup mee. yes people. u heard it correctly. there are so many food restrictions man. firstly... i can't take any other red meat except pork(haha sorry lah my malay friends but that's what my mum and dad told me), fried food and oily food are a definite no no, seafood, bean products, food that contains soya sauce and any other black sauce, eggs and nuts. you're probably wondering " wah ken jee like that means you very thin d lor" haha. well throughout the whole process i've lost around 3 kg!!

the funny thing is that because my mum and dad had chicken pox about 40 years ago
, they kinda forgot the pantang larang and they didn't really know what to do with me. luckily i had pn evelyn and pn shirley as my advisers. ( thanks teachers... i love you all for that :) ) they are the ones who told what to do and what not to do during chicken pox and i was also smart enough to check the internet for any restrictions during chicken pox. HAHA... instead of my mum telling me what to do, i pula was the one who told her what to do and what not to do. on the second day of chicken pox she gave me fried chicken to eat. haih.... but i don't blame her:) i still love my mum very much.

oh ya... another funny thing was my maid called her mum in indonesia on the fifth day of my chickenpox dilemma and so happen her brother also had chicken pox not too long ago. and the latter told my maid to blend the young jagung to make it into a paste and apply it onto the affected areas. so that that morning at around 8.30 when i was still half awake my maid said(" ken, tadi saya call ibu saya dan dia suruh saya letak jagung kat tempat yang ada chicken pox kerana adik saya baru kena dan selepas 2 hari sapu jagung kat atas badan dia chikenpox semua hilang") i pula over there like half awake and didn't really understand wat the hell she said. but i just agreed. so...... she blended the jagung and put it all over my body and thus i became
JAGUNG MAN!!!!!! unfortunately i didn't take pic of myself as JAGUNG MAN. sorry lah guys. haha. but to tell you the truth the jagung didn't really work . it actually made it worst because once the jagung dried up, it will stick to the watery lesions and if i accidentally peeled it off the lesions will come off together with the jagung and thus a hole is created. thanks kris(aka my
maid) for coming up with such a 'GOOD' solution. haih.... so here is a msg to all of you who did not get chicken pox yet. when ur maid suggests to put jagung on you..... you know what to say lah ;)

oh ya and i want to thank rayna, pn shirley, pn evelyn, wee zhun, dianne, samantha, and malcolm for calling and smsing me to ask about my chickenpox and to give comforting words. it really made me feel better. i love u guys:) oh and here are some pics of me during chicken pox. but be warned pictures may be a bit disturbing and digusting. parental supervision maybe needed. thats all till next time....:D




3 comments:

shirley tan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shirley tan said...

Hey there, Mr Koit. Those depressions behind your ears look like craters on the moon!For damage control, you need to apply more Vitamin E! Btw, good luck with your blogging. I hope through it, you'll allow more people to peer into your soul and see for themselves that you are not just a pretty face. Lolz.=)

Jayden said...

those are not craters or depressions lah my fren. those are watery lesions. but they look like depressions don't they

Post a Comment